Mrs. Lynn Heilman has been assigned to be the school COVID-19 officer. She will be monitoring and documenting all COVID operations and requirements throughout the day.
Below you will find information on all of our Covid-19 Policies and Procedures.
- Every person entering the building will be required to have their temperature taken with a no contact thermometer before entering the main building. If anyone has a temperature above 100.6 degrees they will be required to go home. There will be an isolated room they will wait in until they are picked up. Please do not send a student to school if they are experiencing any symptoms located on the list below:
- *Covid Symptoms: Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, muscle or body pain, New loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- If your child has experienced any of these symptoms please get a doctor’s note before returning to school.
- Staff is required to wear a face shield or covering while teaching and a face covering while moving through the building.
- Each student is required to wear a face shield or face covering when switching classes, being excused to the bathroom, and when switching classes. Students who have a medical condition, including those with respiratory issues that impede breathing, a mental health condition, or disability, and students who would be unable to remove a mask without assistance are not required to wear a face covering.
- Staff and students must wear a mask at all times. They will be given a ten-minute mask break by their teacher once they are seated at their desk. All desks will have a distance between them as far as the size of the room will allow us to put them. Sneeze guards can be purchased by the parent for $10. See picture below of sneeze guard. Preschool students will not wear masks during nap time. They will be spaced 6 feet apart at nap time.
- No shared supplies for students
- All areas will be sanitized before and after each class rotation. Everything will be sprayed and wiped down with Force of Nature Spray provided by the school. * See Force of nature website below for more information on this safe effective cleaning solution. Each student will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the classroom. Hand sanitizer will be at the entrance of each classroom. Deep cleaning will be done at the end of each day and a fresh sanitation spray will be done each morning of all surfaces in the classroom, bathrooms, and common spaces.
- Classes will rotate implementing social distancing. Social distancing markers will be placed on the floor in the hallways for students to stand on. Classes will rotate one at a time so social distancing can safely and easily be enforced.
- We will continue to keep class sizes small not exceeding 15 students per grade level.
- Only one student will be allowed in the bathroom at a time and daily sanitation of bathrooms will be done throughout the day
- We will space each student 6 feet apart in the lunchroom. Students will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the lunchroom. The lunchroom will be sanitized before and after each group. Face coverings are required for students until they are seated 6 feet apart and eating. Snack purchases will be wheeled around to each table for students to purchase as to avoid lining them up at the store window to purchase snacks and drinks. Lunchroom staff will wear face shields and gloves when serving food to each student. Preschool – Kindergarten will be eating lunch in their classrooms.